Wednesday, January 19, 2011

why i blog.

Blogging, for me, is an exercise in exhibitionism. I get to show off my brains. I can let my thoughts hang all out for people who want them, or even those who are simply passing through. I don't have to cover up or censor, and it makes me feel good to know that people are looking, reading, and maybe even thinking.

I want people to know what's in my head. I love that people can get that chance. I blog because I like to, not because I want to get a lot of readers or I want to use this to move up in the ranks of my profession or whatever. I just like to blog. I like writing. It's a release. It's a way to ask questions and find personal truths. It's where I can work out my feelings on this and that, and if someone is feeling brave enough to comment, I can also get and outside perspective, or validation, or just an Amen.

That brings me to this:
I'd love to categorize this blog as a fashion blog, or lifestyle blog, or relationship blog, or a music and culture blog, or an activism blog. But it's all of those and it's none of those. It's about my personal growth. And if I have readers who grow alongside me, fine. And if I have ZERO readers, fine.
Welcome back to
. . . and i drink cups of tea.



1 comment: