Friday, January 2, 2009

and a *flour* in my hair.

If the rest of 2009 is anything like its first two days, I will be a happy homemaker in no time. I have cooked and baked two days straight, and I loved it.

For New Year's dinner, my family all worked together to have the biggest (and tastiest) feast I've ever seen in this house. I tried my hand at cornish hens and short ribs of beef which both turned out amazing. My sisters were not too shabby with the ambrosia, macaroni and cheese and banana pudding. My mom did the rest (including the traditional black-eyed peas, greens and pork needed to make the year lucky and prosperous). It was fun.

Then today, after brewing some yummy chocolate-peppermint coffee and chatting with my mom, my family proceeded to start baking cookies. Which ended up being ME baking cookies. I now have flour in my hair but the house smells good and tons of cookies (which are being sent to relatives) are baked.

The fare:
Triple Chip Cookies (dark and milk chocolate and butterscotch chips)
Oatmeal Cranberry (Craisin) Cookies
Oatmean Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies (Next time I want to try chunks)
Snickerdoodles
Sugar Cookies
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter with Kisses

Pictures will be here sometime by the beginning of the week.
I plan on doing this again. I wanna share love this way. . . Cookies.
Cupcakes for my loves next.

No comments:

Post a Comment