Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LOVE || so hard to find one.


My peer group is moving into the marrying/settling down age, and while some of my friends are getting serious or getting married, there are still a good number of us who seem and feel far from it. I read article and article on how it's really hard to be a Black woman and find a successful Black man who is not intimidated by all that she has accomplished. Then I found this: "I'm Black, Single, and Insulted." I really enjoyed her take on the statistics about Black women not marrying -- and the idea that women who put their success first, know that they are focusing on their careers at that time.

On the other side, there was also this which was linked on Twitter" The post is a very candid look at reasons why it seems hard for a woman to find a match in a mate. "Women Don't Intimidate Good Black Men."

I really think it's a blend and there are a myriad of reasons why we're not marrying at faster rates. What do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment