Saturday, December 27, 2008

hello detroit, you've won my heart. . .


I heart my city.


I spent the evening with UrbanSkydiving's DJ Scribble Scrabble enjoying some Deeeetroit fun!


I love the Detroit Institute of Arts. It was only my second time going to thier Friday Night Live! Series and it was tons of fun. Since I'm a Detroit resident, I got to roam the museum for free, it was $8 for non-resident, non-members. I left feeling a bit more cultured, artistic, and inspired to create more and more. (That inspiration will come in handy with the brand new sewing machine my mother gifted me for Christmas. Too excited!)


So, the Mercury Coffee Bar is as good as it looks, or even better. I loved the bright airy atmosphere and the friendly staff and the abundance of choices. I had the Virginia ham panino and it was tasty, as was the slow Kenyan coffee I sipped with desert.


I loved it! My LS loved it. We were happy and had lots of fun. We also decided that this evening could be part of a great date: culture, conversation, yummy food. Perfect.


Next stop: The Centaur Martini Bar. I love this place!


By the way, today is the second day/principle of Kwanzaa: Kujichagulia which is Self-Determination.


1 comment:

  1. YES!!! The Mercury Bar and its AMAZING hot chocolate aka Hot Chocolate Shake ...

    ReplyDelete