Sunday, December 28, 2008

random thoughts.

I woke up to the sound of the high, high wind gusts. I am not looking forward to going anywhere today, but I want to get to church sometime before I go back to A-squared to go back to school.

I didn't get to do everything I wanted, but I did get to go shopping for a bit with my sister and I got a dress I'd been eyeing for months. That was just one happy-making thing of the day!

Just heard on TV that Black women are shrinking. Check out the article here. I think along with the "obesity epidemic",that seems to carry all the blame (something in which I do not fully believe), malnutrition and bad conditions in air and water (lots of pollution) from where low-income, "black" neighborhoods are placed, it is amazing that it's not addressed in the article. I do believe that the solution to this is to work with families by teaching about nutrition and offering green places to play with fresh air so that all the polluted air can be countered, if being short is a terribly bad thing.

Today is the third day/principle of Kwanzaa, Ujima : Collective Work and Responsiblity. Heh, I guess the above kind of fits.

Oh dear, Joel Osteen has the most-positive-sounding voice ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment