. . . and checking it twice. Or thrice or lots of times. I have been pondering what my goals will be for the New Year.
I am happy to say that I have fulfilled a good portion of the goals for 2008:
I took a dance class; I went to Grad School and got closer to what I want to do with my life; I tried something new; I took a risk; I got closer to my sisters; I went on a date; I prayed more prayers of thanks than those of want; I got knitting needles and learned a stitch; I flirted; I stood up for myself; I put myself down less; I enjoyed the beauty of my body, what it looks like, what it can do, and how alive it can feel; I gave up dieting and embraced living.
Now here are the biggest things I want to do in 2009:
Health and Movement Goals:
- Take a yoga class. ( I've already looked into it and found a class that is open to lots of body types and does a lot with modifying positions for those types. I am waiting on a brochure in the mail for registration)
- Continue with bellydance. (Duh. )
- Read at least one book for pleasure during the semester
- Sewing lessons with goal to build my own corset.
- Knitting lessons (or self-teaching) with goal to knit scarves.
- Take more photos of the occurrences in my life. Blog about important ones.
- Continue to appreciate the love that I have, in all of its manifestations. Bask in the love shown and offered to me by family, friends, loves, etc.
- Build stronger relationships with the above people.
- Stay open to knew experiences in and of love.
- Reach out to old friends or lost ones.
Listening to Robin Thicke "2 the Sky"
"Will I be rich? Have everything I want? I stop myself and look to the sky. I gotta give myself up to the sky. The only truth is in the sky"