Saturday, March 28, 2009

creating in darkness.

I have the urge to make things today.

I have not been feeling my best lately. In fact, for the past three weeks, I've been feeling my worst. Things were only ok when I was in class, forced to have some sort of focus.

It all came to a head Friday morning. Now I'm in Detroit, surrounded by family and am happy that they always inspire me to be the best. I am happy to have this break, because my weeks have be non-stop until now. . .

What has been helping me while I'm here is creating stuff. I got up this morning determined to make black and white cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (Paula Deen). It took longer because I had to layer the batter and make the special icing. It worked well and I am pleased. My mom even took some to the ladies' gathering at the house of a kind of shut-in church member.

I'm planning to make dinner for my family and maybe will pick up a pattern to practice my sewing and to have something at the end.

1 comment:

  1. DJ Scribble ScrabbleMarch 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM

    I love you and I hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete